The Six Healing Sounds or Liu Zi Jue (六字訣) is one of the common forms of Chinese Qi Gong, and involves the coordination of movement and breathing patterns with specific sounds. The Six Healing Sounds set falls on the health and spiritual/psychological end of the Qi Gong spectrum. This set is a very calming routine and is an excellent Qi Gong form to work in the evening. It helps shed the tensions of the day, calming your body and mind, leading to a more restful sleep. Though the Six Healing sounds have been practiced for hundreds of years, most recently it has been popularized and widely taught by Mantak Chia.
Master Mantak Chia Thailand
The Six Sounds of Qi Gong
- 噓 XU [pronounced like 'she,' with the lips rounded] – ‘deep sigh’ or ‘hiss’ – Level the Liver Qi
- 呵 HE [pronounced like 'huh'] – ‘yawn’ or ‘laughing sound’ – Supplement the Heart Qi
- 呼 HU [pronounced like 'who'] – ‘to sigh,’ ‘to exhale,’ or ‘to call’ – Cultivate [or Shore Up] the Spleen/Pancreas Qi
- 呬 SI [pronounced like 'sir'] – ‘to rest’ – Supplement the Lung Qi
- 吹 CHUI [pronounced 'chway' or 'chwee,' depending on locale] – ‘to blow out,’ ‘to blast,’ or ‘to puff’ – Supplement the Kidney Qi
- 嘻 XI [pronounced like 'she' with tongue high, and well forward, in the mouth] – ‘mirthful’ – Regulate the Triple Burner Qi
All syllables are pronounced on a level tone – the so-called first tone (regardless of the dictionary pronunciation of each word); typically all but the fifth sound are sustained – the fifth sound may be sustained, or pronounced quickly and forcefully.
Did you like The Six Healing Sounds of Qi Gong? If you resonate with this information . . .
Click the image below (or Click Here), make your purchase and instantly get connected to the 30 Days of Remote Chi Sessions to enhance your body energetics, increase resonance and heal. . .